Changes in IPython Parallel¶
The highlight of ipyparallel 5.0 is that the Client has been reorganized a bit to use Futures. AsyncResults are now a Future subclass, so they can be `yield`ed in coroutines, etc. Views have also received an Executor interface. This rewrite better connects results to their handles, so the Client.results cache should no longer grow unbounded.
- The Executor API
- Creating an Executor from a Client:
- Each View has an
Part of the Future refactor is that Client IO is now handled in a background thread,
which means that
Client.spin_thread() is obsolete and deprecated.
- Add ipcluster nbextension enable|disable to toggle the clusters tab in Jupyter notebook
Less interesting development changes for users:
Some IPython-parallel extensions to the IPython kernel have been moved to the ipyparallel package:
- ipykernel Python serialization is now in
- apply_request message handling is implememented in a Kernel subclass, rather than the base ipykernel Kernel.
- Improvements for specifying engines with SSH launcher.