Changes in IPython Parallel¶
- Fix imports in
- Various typos and documentation updates to catch up with 5.0.
The highlight of ipyparallel 5.0 is that the Client has been reorganized a bit to use Futures. AsyncResults are now a Future subclass, so they can be `yield`ed in coroutines, etc. Views have also received an Executor interface. This rewrite better connects results to their handles, so the Client.results cache should no longer grow unbounded.
Part of the Future refactor is that Client IO is now handled in a background thread,
which means that
Client.spin_thread() is obsolete and deprecated.
- Add ipcluster nbextension enable|disable to toggle the clusters tab in Jupyter notebook
Less interesting development changes for users:
Some IPython-parallel extensions to the IPython kernel have been moved to the ipyparallel package:
- ipykernel Python serialization is now in
- apply_request message handling is implememented in a Kernel subclass, rather than the base ipykernel Kernel.
- Improvements for specifying engines with SSH launcher.